6 reasons why you should have Sports Massage
- Reduce recovery period after training
- Improve sports performance
- Help prevent sports injuries eg runners knee, calf strains, achilles problems etc.
- Help identify any potential problems
- Reduce general fatigue, stress and tension
- Improve flexibility and circulation
The question we get asked more than any other is 'How often should I have a Sports Massage?' It really depends on how often you are training. Generally the harder you train the more regular it should be, but on average once every four to eight weeks should suffice. This is regular enough to stop problems building up, but on the other hand it won't break the bank!
What's the difference between Sports Massage and Deep Tissue Massage?
Basically, very little! Sports Massage tends to be used by sports people for specific muscular issues related to their particular sport eg very often runners will experience tight calves. Deep Tissue Massage on the other hand can be used for more general aches and pains often caused by repetitive movements or being in one position for long periods eg office workers positioned in front of a computer for eight hours a day. As a result they will seek help with neck/shoulder/lower back issues.
Sports Massage/Deep Tissue Massage sessions last 3/4 of an hour and cost £40.