You can rest assured that if you chose us to treat your sports injury, you will get expert knowledge from experienced therapists who have accumulated years of experience dealing with these frustrating injuries.
This is what you will receive:
- a full and thorough assessment of your injury, a diagnosis and a relevant treatment plan. This very often only needs one visit. We pride ourselves on seeing people as little as possible, and believe that it is our role to educate the athlete in order to avoid future injuries as much as possible.
- an analysis of your training schedule (it doesn't have to be written down) to help us identify any issues which may have contributed to your injury e.g. increasing you mileage too quickly.
- * a fitness test to identify any potential weaknesses which may become a serious issue later. (This is not essential but we find it very useful) - and so do the athletes we have used it with!
- relevant exercises individually adapted to suit you in your aim of remaining injury-free.
- over the next few months we will also be developing a library of self-help videos for sports people, again with an emphasis on running injuries.
- You can also call us at any time with any further questions you may have forgotten to ask, or to discuss progress.
Prevention is better than cure.
How often have you been training hard for a big race and a few weeks before the big day injury strikes! This is possibly the most annoying thing about being a runner (apart from teenagers shouting 'Come on Mo!' as you stagger by). One of the reasons we strongly recommend Sports Massage is to avoid these frustrating scenarios. (See our Sports Massage page for further details) Sports Massage helps to alleviate tight muscles caused by heavy training or increased training. Secondly it can help detect any potential problems and nip them in the bud thereby avoiding full-blown running injuries.
If you are not sure whether physio or Sports Massage can help with your injury feel free to give us a call on 0117 9565855 and we will be more than happy to advise you.